Shenley Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Meeting Minutes – 14th May 2018

SHENLEY NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING at THE METHODIST CHURCH

 On Monday 14th May 2018 at 7pm

MINUTES

Attendees:

Richard Archer, Maureen Ashman, Nicky Beaton (Chair), Rosemary Gilligan (Vice), Angela Howlett and Gavin O’Sullivan.

(Angela Koch was present as the NP advisor & Amanda Leboff was present to take the minutes)

  1. Apologies for absence: Gemma Archer, Steve Bury, Michael Hore & Robert Perlmutter
  2. Approval of previous minutes: Minutes of Meetings on 24th April 2018 were approved.
  3. Angela Koch ImaginePlaces – Quote for Remainder of work on Shenley Plan – Discussion + Vote: Angela gave a breakdown of works that need to be done on order to complete the NP (Neighbourhood Plan). A 12 month time line was given. Angela highlighted that the further into the plan it goes the less involvement is required from the Steering Group as the NP is with the local authority team. Angela went on to say that it is best to simply do what is necessary as the more opposition that is received by the community the more work is needed by the local team.  However the timings for the plan will depend greatly on the local authority.

Angela went on to speak about the Strategic Environment Assessment and said this is only necessary to complete if the local authority insist upon it.

Angela went on to discuss the Statement of Community Consultation and Basic Conditions. This document will show our plan in line with the local plan and will need to be published.  It will consist of 3 big documents.

In addition to Angela’s costings Nicky has put together a list of known costings and grants and confirmed the NP working party is working within the budget.  Rosemary Gilligan will apply for an additional grant and there are grants available for technical surveys.

Thanks were given to Angela for all her work.  It was unanimously AGREED that Angela’s quote be approved for payment.

  1. Neighbourhood Plan grants/Finance – Update: It was confirmed that RG will be applying for additional grants.
  2. Working Draft Plan 2 – Feedback + Q & A with Angela: NB took the opportunity to say how impressed she is with the draft.  RG went on to say how much is included in the plan such as pictures and examples.  Angela explained that the pictures won’t make law, they are an example. The meeting went on to discuss weatherboarding, it was said that the plan is not prescriptive at the moment. All natural materials are being used in the plan; this however can be reviewed further down the line, such as what materials to be used for windows.

Comments are needed by 21st May – to be sent to Nicky and Rosemary.

  1. Visions & Objectives Revised – Discussion & Vote: The meeting discussed the revised visions and objectives such as putting in sheltered accommodation in point 7. The meeting discussed each point to see if any amendments were needed.  Comments received from residents were taken into account.

The discussion included safe cycle routes.

It was suggested putting the community priority projects towards the front of the plan.

The meeting were happy with the amendments to the objectives

  1. Public Meeting on Thursday 7th June – Plan of Action: The NP draft should go live on line on 7th June. Angela suggested printing the plan on A3 to use as a display at the meeting.  It was AGREED that there will be several A4 copies available to be reviewed at the meeting but these are not to be removed from the meeting.

It was AGREED that Angela will devise a survey.  This will be launched first via Facebook and the website.  This will be monitored and if there is not a great enough response then paper copies will be produced.

  1. Business’ – Survey Progress: It was NOTED that Phil Diamond has contacted some businesses and is waiting for responses from AT Bones and Gristwood & Toms, but has met with the Gateway surgery. It was agreed that GO will help deliver surveys to businesses near Clore Shalom and Andrew Close. NB will ask Guy Beaton to help re businesses at Pursley Farm.
  2. Any Other Business: The open design day was discussed and it was agreed to be planned for a weekend to enable as many people as possible to attend.
  3. 10. Date of next meeting: TUESDAY 22 MAY

Actions:

ALL:       Comments are needed by 21st May – to be sent to Nicky and Rosemary.

 

Posted in Neighbourhood Plan and tagged .

Leave a Reply