MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY, 2 MAy 2017, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY.
PRESENT: Councillors Nicky Beaton, Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Robert Perlmutter, Anthony Spencer, William Susman and Peter Wayne.
In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
COMMENCEMENT OF PROCEEDINGS
The Chair, Councillor William Susman formally called the meeting to order and welcomed those present.
- ELECTION OF CHAIR
Councillor Susman invited nominations for the position of Chair with Councillor Susman being nominated and duly seconded. Following a vote Councillor Susman was duly elected. Councillor Susman confirmed his willingness to act in the capacity of Chairman to the council:-
RESOLVED that councillor William Susman be appointed chair of the council for the municipal year 2017/2018.
- ABSENCE OF MEMBERS AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE
It was NOTED that Councillor Susman would complete the acceptance of office form for the position of chair which will be witnessed by the clerk as proper officer. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Annette Edel & Rosemary Gilligan
Councillor Susman remained in the chair.
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR
Nominations for the position of Vice-Chair were invited with Councillor Helen Hussain being nominated and duly seconded. Following a vote Councillor Hussain was duly elected. She confirmed her willingness to act in that capacity, and the council:-
RESOLVED that Councillor Helen Hussain be appointed Vice-Chair of the council for the municipal year 2017/2018.
- APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
RESOLVED—that a Finance Committee be appointed for the
municipal year 2017/2018 comprising the Chair and Vice-Chair of the
Council ex-officio, and Councillors Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan, and Gavin O’Sullivan.
RESOLVED—that an Allotment Committee be appointed for the
municipal year 2017/2018 comprising the Councillors Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan and William Susman, together with five allotment holders and a representative of the Shenley and District Horticultural Society.
RESOLVED—that the following working groups be appointed for the
municipal year 2017/2018, which will act in an advisory capacity and
will have no decision making powers. They will appoint their own chairs and meet as and when they determine, subject to them reporting to the full Council. They will have full powers to co-opt or consult with any members of the public.
- Highways Working Group comprising Cllrs Rosemary Gilligan, Robert Perlmutter, Anthony Spencer, William Susman and Peter Wayne together with a representatives from highways and Ringways .
- Future Initiative Working Group comprising Cllrs Nicky Beaton, , Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Anthony Spencer and William Susman.
- Media Working Group comprising of Cllrs Nicky Beaton, Helen Hussain, Robert Perlmutter and members Guy Beaton, Matt Finn & Dayaram Nakrani.
- Planning Group comprising Cllrs Annette Edel (lead member), Rosemary Gilligan, Helen Hussain and Peter Wayne.
- Shenley and Radlett Community Safety Partnership comprising of Cllr Anthony Spencer.
- Neighbourhood Plan Comprising Cllrs Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan, Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Robert Perlmutter as the Parish Council representatives. Interested individuals can become involved as associate members of the group.
- APPOINTMENT/NOMINATION OF MEMBERS/REPRESENTATIVES
TO SERVE ON OUTSIDE BODIES
RESOLVED – that the following representatives be appointed/confirmed/ nominated (as appropriate) as the Council’s representatives on the bodies indicated:-
- Shenley Village Hall Management Committee- Councillor Annette Edel- 2017/2018
- Shenley Park Trust – Councillors Rosemary Gilligan (the period of office expires May 2018) and William Susman (the period of office expires May 2018).
- Sir Richard Cox’s Charity – Councillors Nicky Beaton & Rosemary Gilligan together with Mr Martin Finney and Mrs Liz Trott.
- Hertsmere Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership Group-
This group has been disbanded
6 Financial Regulations
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Financial Regulations for Shenley Parish Council.
7 Standing Orders
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Standing Orders for Shenley Parish Council.
8 HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Health and Safety policy for Shenley Parish Council.
- DIRECT DEBITS
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to approve the Direct Debits for Shenley Parish Council.
- DATES OF MEETINGS OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND THE PARISH MEETING FOR THE MUNICIPAL YEAR 2017/2018
RESOLVED—That the following dates of meetings be confirmed for the
Municipal Year 2017/2018: (The first Tuesday of the month)
|YEAR 2017||YEAR 2018|
|Tuesday 2 May– Annual Parish Council Meeting||Tuesday 2 January|
|Tuesday 6 June||Tuesday 6 February|
|Tuesday 4 July||Tuesday 6 March|
|***********************************||Thursday 15 March – Annual Parish Meeting|
|Tuesday 5 September||Tuesday 3 April|
|Tuesday 3 October||Tuesday 1 May – Annual Parish Council Meeting|
|Tuesday 7 November||**************************************|
|Tuesday 5 December||**************************************|
(N.B. No Meeting Scheduled For August 2017)
The Meeting terminated at 7.55pm.
6 June 2017 ________________Chairman