Shenley Parish

4th September 2018 – Shenley Parish Meeting Minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 4 SEPTEMBER 2018, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY

 

PRESENT: Councillors, Nicky Beaton, Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan, Nigel Heller and William Susman (Chair).

  • In attendance:            Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council

 

43/18.            Apologies for Absence.

Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillors, Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Anthony Spencer and Peter Wayne and County Councillor Morris Bright.

 

44/18.            Declarations of Interests

PERSONAL – Councillors Gilligan and Susman declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.

PREJUDICIAL -none.

 

45/18.            Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd July 2018

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on the 3rd July 2018 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council

 

46/18.            Review of Action Plan from above meetings

The Action plan was NOTED.

 

47/18             Questions by residents of Shenley Parish

The chairman welcomed residents to the meeting

 

The chairman invited Mr Vezey to address the meeting. Mr Vezey asked what is happening regarding speeding on London Road specifically as you come in and out of the village to and from Well End. He said that there have been lots of references to speeding elsewhere in Shenley but no on London Road. Councillor Susman said that the Drive Safe Scheme that was looked at several years ago needs to start all over again. It needs at least 10 volunteers with one lead volunteer at each location (suggested locations were London Road, Porters Park Drive and Black Lion Hill). The last time this was looked into there was an issue regarding the collecting of the speed camera itself. Cllr Heller has since spoken with PCSO Chris Ramdeen, who has offered to collect and bring the speed camera when it is needed. Mr Vezey said he was happy to volunteer again for the scheme.

 

The meeting went on to discuss the possibility of additional signage on London Road. It was AGREED the clerk would arrange a meeting with Tim Burt from HCC to discuss various issues and solutions surrounding speeding in Shenley. Councillor Gilligan suggested the improvements being funded as the village is used as a cut through.

 

Cllr Heller went on to inform the meeting that he spoke with PCSO Chris Ramdeen about the parking of the cars at Shenley Primary. He has since been to take down the numbers of the cars that were parked on the pavement and will monitor the situation.

 

Cllr Susman thanked Mr Vezey for attending the meeting.

 

 

48/18.            Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk

  1. Approve And Adopt Internal Financial Controls (Needed To Change Bank Accounts) 
  2. Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Internal Financial Controls
  3. Issue of humps on London Road – Cllr O’Sullivan
  4. The Chairman suggested that this will be discussed with Highways
  5. Planning Applications – Cllr O’Sullivan 
  6. The meeting agreed felt that it is still beneficial for residents to be able to continue to approach the Parish Council regarding planning applications.
  7. Neighbourhood Plan – Neighbourhood Development Order
  8. Following a proposer and a seconder it was AGREED to support and move forward with a Shenley NDO. It was emphasised that this will only happen if the community support it.
  9. Councillor Beaton informed the meeting that the next public meeting will be held on 13th September 2018 at The Chapel. The meeting were then informed that the Neighbourhood Development Order’s (NDO) are done out by Parish Councils with the majority of funding for them coming from landowners and developers. The NDO allows for a referendum to be carried out, and is a way for all members of the Parish to vote on development. The NDO will end up being a planning application.
  10. Neighbourhood Plan – Becoming the NEW Parish Plan 
  11. Following a proposer and a seconder it was AGREED that with immediate effect the Shenley Neighbourhood Plan will also be the new Shenley Parish Plan.
  12. Parish Council Election Costs – £7,030.45
  13. The meeting NOTED the costs incurred for the Parish Council Election.

 

  1. Action for a Cleaner Shenley – Update 
  2. Cllr Beaton informed the meeting that a member of the Action for a Cleaner Shenley Group wondered what the statistics are for the group. The meeting were informed that 84hours of work have been completed by the team with the collection of over 119 bags of waste. The meeting thanked Cllr Beaton and the volunteers for the work they are doing.
  3. Community Payback Scheme – Update
  4. Councillor Beaton informed the meeting that this is going very well. The issue of the disposal of the rubbish continues as neither HBC nor HCC will collect the rubbish. The clerk has contacted John O’Connor or a quote to remove the rubbish.
  5. Sir Richard Cox Charity 
  6. The meeting thanked the fete and carnival committee for their very generous donation. The fete and carnival committee suggested the Sir Richard Cox Charity give tickets for a children’s pantomime to children at the Women’s’ refuge. It was agreed this was a good idea
  7. Harris Lane/Rookery Field

The clerk informed the meeting that she has chased Gristwood and Toms regarding the tree works that are needed in Rookery and Harris Lane fields.

 

  1. Allotments  
  2. The meeting were informed there is a communal picnic on Sunday 9th September at the allotments.
  3. Shenley Fete
  4. Cllr Beaton informed the meeting that the fete has distributed over £6, 000 to local charities. The meeting thanked Cllr Beaton and the fete committee for all their hard work.
  5. Media Committee
  6. The media committee met. The website is being worked on and they are looking to see if anyone can spare a couple of hours a month to help. The articles for the next edition of SVM need to be sent in now.
  7. Shenley Community Activities Group 
  8. The Clerk informed the meeting that the matinee performance of the show Motown has been booked for 13th December. Letters will be sent out in the next couple of weeks.
  9. Police Update 
  10. Cllr Heller informed the meeting that PCSO Chris Ramdeen will be attending the October Parish Council meeting.
  11. Shenley Park Trust  
  12. The meeting were informed that the Park Trust met last week and that their finances are looking much healthier. They will begin works to the entrance in February 2019.
  13. Future Initiative Committee It was agreed this would be removed from further agendas as all communication is sent via email.50/18.            Planning Applications
  14. The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
  15.  
  16. 49/18.            Correspondence
  17. The clerk will send out a date for a meeting
  1.       Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
Application No. Address Proposed Development
18/1041/FUL Allotment Site, Stapleton Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire Installation of 2 x 40ft converted steel containers set on oak beams, for the purpose of housing lockers & gardening equipment
18/1357/HSE 8 Southerton Way Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9LJ Part retrospective application for partial conversion of double garage to habitable room and first floor side extension with alterations to roof following grant of permission under application: 17/2265/HSE (revised application) (amended by plans received 23/08/2018)
18/1317/VOC 3 Old Nursery Close Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9FD Variation of condition 3 (Approved Plans) of permission 17/2292/HSE – To extend NW elevation from 3.1 to 3.3 metres
18/1456/HSE 8 Anderson Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EQ Two storey side extension and single storey rear extension
18/1488/HSE 2 Old Nursery Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9FD Single storey side and rear extension
18/1469/HSE 10 Cox Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JQ Single storey rear infill extension
18/1527/HSE 52 London Road Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9DY Part single part two storey rear extension following demolition of existing single storey rear extension
18/1529/HSE 16 Raphael Close Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9JG Single storey rear extension

 

With regards to:

18/1182/FUL 45 and 47 North Avenue, Shenley, Hertfordshire First floor rear extensions and alterations to the roof
  • The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that:-
  • The development is too large
  • The development is not in keeping with the street scene
  • It is not in-keeping with the emerging Neighbourhood Plan

 

With regards to:

18/1360/VOC Land Adjoining 1,3 & 5 Shenleybury Cottages, Shenleybury, Shenley, Hertfordshire Variation to condition 4 (No more than 2 caravans, 1 of which shall be static) of planning permission TP/10/1826 allowed on appeal APP/N1920/A/11/2151457 To – no more than 4 caravans, 2 of which shall be static.

The Council STRONGLY OBJECTED to this application. The council have since been told by HBC that ‘This application was returned by the Council under the relevant section of the Planning Act and we will not be determining it’.

 

(i)Other planning matters were noted, and

(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.

(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)

 

51/18.            Financial matters

  1. Accounts for payment –September 2018 meeting
  • The following accounts for the September 2018 meeting were received:
  • July 2018 Payments
Payment To Reason Total Amount
BT Office phone and broadband 87.25
PC Express PC encryption, monitored back up and hard drive 480.00
Caprin Limited Printing- flyers for NP 144.00
William Susman Reimburse for items for Community Payback + replacement Hub cupboard key 60.95
WI £200 grant towards the Shenley WI Century celebrations 200.00
Mrs Amanda Leboff Reimburse monthly Xero payment ( June) 32.40
E.ON Harris Lane 38.86
John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance 144.00
Hertfordshire County Council Stationary 181.57
Provence Private Hire Ltd SCAG trip – coaches to Windsor 1010.00
HMRC July payment 201.99
Mrs Amanda Leboff Wages 1084.81
Petty Cash Petty Cash – amount to take up to £200 imprest system for June 2018 59.82
  TOTAL 3725.65

 

 

August 2018 Payments

Payment To Reason Total Amount

 

E.On The Cage 38.86
Ricoh Photocopier Toner 56.77
BT Office Phone And Broadband 93.01
Shenley Methodist Church Hire Of Methodist Church Hall – Neighbourhood Plan 7.00
Shenley Chapel Hire Of Hall For Neighbourhood Plan Public Meeting 150.00
Shenley Chapel Deposit – Hire Of Hall For Neighbourhood Plan Public Meeting 200.00
Mrs Amanda Leboff Reimburse Monthly Xero Payment ( July) + Expenses 53.35
William Susman Reimburse For Items For Community Payback 101.85
Hertfordshire County Council Stationary 25.54
Banner Printer Cartridges 271.64
Imagineplaces Support And Work 1344.00
John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance 144.00
E.ON The Cage 19.40
Petty Cash Petty Cash – Amount To Take Up To £200 Imprest System For July And August 2018 150.48
Fay Gough Cleaning Toilet & Office 32.00
Fay Gough Wildlife And Tree Loping 220.00
Bob Gough Grounds Maintenance 384.00
HMRC August Payment 201.99
Mrs Amanda Leboff Wages 1084.81
Castle Water Harris Lane Pavilion 141.04
   TOTAL  3291.90

 

  1. Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly budget monitoring reports for July and August be approved
  2. Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
  3. Grant Requests using General Power of Competence: the meeting AGREED to give the Shenley Primary School £1,500 towards the cost of the swimming coach expenses.
  1. The council RESOLVED to ACCEPT and APPROVE the Parish Council insurance quote Came and Company for £2,616.88 (using Ecclesiastical, this includes a reduction due to long term agreement which expires 30th October 2020).
  1. The council RESOLVED to ACCEPT and APPROVE the amendment to the Earmarked Reserves52/18.            The meeting ended at 9.30p.m.                                                       Chairman
Posted in Shenley Parish Council and tagged , .

Leave a Reply