Shenley Parish

Tue 4th July – Shenley Parish Meeting Minutes

shenley parish council

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 4 JULY 2017, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY

 

PRESENT: Councillors, Rosemary Gilligan, Helen Hussain (Chair), Gavin O’Sullivan, and Robert Perlmutter

  • In attendance:            Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council

 

38/17.           Apologies for Absence.

Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillors Nicky Beaton, Annette Edel, Anthony Spencer, William Susman and Peter Wayne and County Councillor Morris Bright.

 

39/17.                       Declarations of Interests

PERSONAL – Councillor Gilligan declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.

PREJUDICIAL -none.

 

40/17                        Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 6th June 2017

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on 6th June 2017 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Hussain and adopted by the Council.

 

41/17.                       Review of Action Plan from above meetings

The Action plan was NOTED.

 

42/17                        Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting held on 20th June 2017

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council meeting, held on 20th June 2017 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Hussain and adopted by the Council.

 

43/17.                       Review of Action Plan from above meetings

The Action plan was NOTED.

 

44/17            Minutes of the Allotment Committee Meeting held on 13th June 2017

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Allotment Committee meeting, held on the 13th June 2017 be confirmed as a correct record.

 

45/17            Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 20th June 2017

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Finance Committee meeting, held on the 20th June 2017 be confirmed as a correct record.

 

46/17.           Questions by residents of Shenley Parish

There were none

 

47/17.           Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk

  • Hertsmere Electoral Review

The meeting NOTED the information sent on the Hertsmere Electoral Review.

 

  • Confirm Location for SID

Following a discussion the meeting AGREED that the SID should be placed on Porters Park Drive on the side of the Chapel, with the ‘Smiley Face’ facing towards Tesco’s in order to prevent speeding going down Porters Park Drive towards North Avenue.  It was AGREED the Clerk would inform Highways.

 

  • Pursley Field – Update

Nothing to report.

 

  • Harris Lane/Rookery Field

The Clerk informed the meeting that they are still waiting on Frank Coopers to do a site visit to locate the goal mouth sockets.

 

The meeting NOTED the ROSPA report.

 

The meeting discussed the recent spate of BBQs and fires around Shenley, specifically in the parks.  The meeting NOTED the email sent by the local resident with regards to this.  It was AGREED the clerk would contact the PCSO and ask him to visit the resident concerning this.

 

  • Allotments

The meeting NOTED the minutes on point 44/17

 

  • Shenley Fete

The meeting agreed the fete had been a great success.

 

  • Future Initiative Events

The Clerk informed the meeting that the next Future Initiative Committee meeting is on Wednesday 19th July in The Hub, 7.30pm.

 

  • Media Committee

Nothing to report

 

  • CSP

Nothing to report.

 

  • Police Update

The meeting NOTED the Safer Neighbourhoods Shenley report.

 

  • Shenley Park Trust

Nothing to report

 

  • Neighbourhood Plan

The meeting were informed that the new Questionnaire is currently being formulated.

 

  • Village Sign

The Clerk informed the meeting that a site visit will be arranged for September

 

48/17.           Correspondence

  • Receipt of the following correspondence was reported and noted:
Hertfordshire County Council Summer reading challenge
Shenley and District Horticultural Society Letter of thanks

 

49/17.           Planning Applications

The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;

  • Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
Application No. Address Proposed Development
17/1246/HSE 15 Mulberry Gardens, Shenley, Hertfordshire WD7 9LB Conversion of garage into habitable room with single storey front extension and new side window at ground floor level
17/1136/HSE Hill Top, King Edward Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire Erection of single storey rear extension
17/1141/HSE Iona, King Edward Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire Single storey rear extension
*17/1282/HSE 5 Wayside Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9JN Single storey rear extension.
*17/1273/FUL University College London Sports Ground And Watford Football Club Training

Ground Bell Lane London Colney Hertfordshire

Retention and extension of existing temporary changing room and temporary

press room

 

With regards to

17/0952/FUL University College London Sports Ground And Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Lane, London Colney, Hertfordshire Installation of an artificial playing surface for multi sports use with inflatable fabric dome cover to be installed on existing grass playing surface.

The Meeting NOTED that it would be nice if Watford Football Club became more involved in Community Events such as is stipulated with Arsenal Football Clubs planning conditions.

 

With regards to

17/1086/HSE 22 Harris Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EB Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of two storey side extension, part single, part two storey rear extension & new front porch

The Meeting NOTED that this is the loss of another 3 bedroom house in Shenley.

 

 

With regards to

17/1045/FUL Manor Lodge School, Ridge Hill, Shenley, Hertfordshire Hard surfacing of a car park and access road and installation of wall mounted and bollard lighting

The meeting suggested that the lighting is both motion and time activated.

 

With regards to

17/1180/FUL Silver Hill Cottage Silver Hill Borehamwood Hertfordshire Construction of open horse walker (Revised Application).

The meeting stressed that equine use is acceptable in the Green Belt

 

(i)Other planning matters were noted, and

(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.

(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)

 

50/17.           Financial matters

  • Accounts for payment –June 2017 meeting
  • The following accounts for June 2017 meeting were received:
Payment To Reason Total Amount
Hertfordshire County Council Stationary 87.86
PPH Coaches 2 x coaches to Brighton 1280.00
Methodist Church Hire of Hall for Neighbourhood Plan 42.00
Playsafety Limited ROSPA report – Harris Lane Play area 100.80
Mrs Amanda Leboff Expenses 123.09
Petty Cash Petty Cash  – amount to take up to £200 imprest system for May 2017 50.37
John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance Grounds Maintenance 87.00
Christmas Illuminations Annual Christmas Lights 3000.00
E.On The Cage 15.83
Dor-2-Dor (G L Green) Delivery of SVM issue 10 – inc outskirts 143.00
Mrs Maureen Ashman Reimburse for planting 4 troughs 89.00
Mrs Amanda Leboff Wages 1087.92
HMRC Payment 212.38
HAPTC 5 copies of Neighbourhood plan guide for councillors 25.00
BT Office phone and broadband 102.75
Herts CCTV Partnership ltd Spur on Ribston Close column 7 216.00
Banner Group Printer cartridges 46.68
Ricoh Toner 48.00
Caprin Limited Printing Shenley Village matters issue 10 1179.00
Bob Gough Grounds Maintenance 818.00
Fay Gough Cleaning toilet, office 114.00
Petty Cash Petty Cash  – amount to take up to £200 imprest system for June 2017 173.98
TOTAL 9042.66

Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-

RESOLVED that the July 2017 meeting accounts totalling £9,042.66 be approved for payment.

  • It was NOTED the monthly budget monitoring report would follow shortly
  • Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
  • Section 137 Grant Requests: –

There were none

  • Following a proposal and seconder, it was AGREED that Cllr Helen Hussain be added as a signatory on the Parish Council accounts.
  • The Council NOTED the insurer’s comments regarding the installation of the permanent goal and hoop in Rookery Field.
  • Additional Christmas Lights – Following a discussion the Council AGREED that Cllrs Perlmutter and Hussain would review the lampposts again and report back to the September meeting.

 

51/17.           The meeting ended at 8.20p.m.                                           Chairman

 

 

 

ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 4 JULY 2017

provision action by action
Planning Applications Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions. Clerk Actioned
Pond lights Hire of lighting designer to plan what is needed Clerk & Cllr Susman ASAP
Manor Lodge School Contact school regarding inconsiderate driving approaching the school. Clerk ASAP
Basket Ball hoop To be ordered ASAP
SID Contact Tim Burt regarding positioning of camera Clerk Actioned
Village Sign Request replacing cows with horses and arrange site meeting Clerk ASAP
Anti-social behaviour Contact PCSO regarding resident email Clerk Actioned
Additional Christmas Lights To check the exact lamp posts along Porters park Drive Cllrs Perlmutter & Hussain Before Sept meeting

 

Posted in Shenley Parish Council and tagged , .

Leave a Reply