shenley parish council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 7 MARCH 2017, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY
PRESENT: Councillors *Annette Edel, Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan (Chair), Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, *Robert Perlmutter and Anthony Spencer.
- In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
- (* Denotes attended for only part of the meeting)
Members of the public Mrs Margaret Harrington – Resident
Mrs Sue Payne – Resident
Mr Martin Cooke – Hertfordshire Youth Connexions
102/16. Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillors Peter Wayne and William Susman and County Councillor Morris Bright.
103/16. Declarations of Interests
PERSONAL – Councillors Gilligan and Spencer declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.
104/15. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 7th February 2017
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on the 7th February 2017 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Gilligan and adopted by the Council.
105/16. Review of Action Plan from above meetings
The Action plan was NOTED. Cllr Gilligan commented that following the allotment committee meeting people were upset that the police’s response to the spate of break ins, appeared to show it was a low priority for the police.
106/16 Minutes of the Allotment Committee Meeting held on 2nd March 2017
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Allotment Committee meeting, held on the 2nd March 2017 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Gilligan and adopted by the Council.
107/16. Review of Action Plan from above meetings
The Action plan was NOTED. Cllr Gilligan highlighted that the committee hope PCSO Ramdeen will mark up people’s property one weekend at the allotments in light of the recent break-ins.
108/16 Questions by residents of Shenley Parish
The Chairman welcomed Mr Martin Cooke from Hertfordshire Youth Connexions (HYC) to address the meeting to see if there was a way to engage the youth of Shenley with the help of Youth Connexions. Mr Cooke started by introducing HYC and giving a brief background into what they do. They are primarily set up to help teenagers 13yrs and upwards, however they do run and support specific programmes for 16-18 year olds such as the National Citizens service and the Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme. They work with vulnerable young people and undertake preventative youth work programmes as well as looking to channel a voice for the youth such as Youth Councils.
Mr Cooke then went on the explain what can be offered to the Youth of Shenley such as outreach programmes, Duke of Edinborough, help start and set up programmes. Mr Cooke asked what facility was available for the youth to meet. RG said there was plenty of scope for this as previously been proven, however HH said that finding the youth is the problem as there is no local secondary school.
RG suggested a mobile van on Harris Lane or rookery Field to be used for an event but this would need to be properly advertised. AS asked what the youth enjoy doing and Mr Cooke said a portable climbing frame has proved popular in the past. He said that his youth workers would be able to do the ground work to find out what the youth wanted. HH said she would pass on Mr Cooke’s details to the youth minister at the Methodist Church. It was also suggested that the new outdoor gym equipment may be used as an activity for the youth
The Chairman thanked Mr Cooke for attending.
108/16. Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk
- Review and adopt Code of recommended Practice on Local Authority Publication.
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Code of recommended Practice on Local Authority Publication
- Peter’s Church, St Albans –request to revise trustees
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to the request to revise the trustees
- Annual Parish Meeting – 16/03/17 at 7.30pm
Councillors Spencer and Beaton gave their apologies in advanced of the meeting
- Public Rights of Way
The information as NOTED
- Pursley Field
Nothing to report.
- Harris Lane/Rookery Field
It was agreed the items on the agenda would be postponed to the April meeting.
See point 106/16
- Shenley Fete
Cllr Beaton informed the meeting that the plans are going well, and requested if anyone has any items for the tombola or raffle please these would be greatly appreciated.
- Future Initiative
It was AGREED a meeting date needed to be set.
- Media Committee
The meeting were informed that Dayaram and Matt were working hard on developing the website.
Councillor Spencer updated the meeting following the last CSP meeting. It was poorly attended by Shenley residents with only 1 resident form Shenley attending. Following a discussion it was AGREED that AS would ask County Councillor Morris Bright if the CSP meeting locations could be rotated as this may help to increase attendance. It was also NOTED that burglaries in the area have increased especially in Radlett and GO was concerned that this will effect Shenley residents insurance quotes as we share the same postcode. However it was NOTED that there has been success in catching fly-tippers.
- Police Update
The Safer Neighbourhood Newsletter was NOTED.
- Shenley Park Trust
The meeting were pleased to see there is a public AGM. However NB was concerned that the trust is losing a good contractor and questioned what will happen moving forward.
- Neighbourhood Plan
Councillor Beaton informed the meeting that the steering committee are working hard for the launch on April 5th at 6.30pm and said it is vital that everyone does their bit to spread the word.
- Receipt of the following correspondence was reported and noted:
|Hertfordshire County Council||New Release – Local projects recognised for making a difference to Public Health|
|HAPTC||LAIS1396 Housing White Paper|
110/16. Planning Applications
The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
- Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
|Application No.||Address||Proposed Development|
|17/0319/HSE||21 Raphael Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JG||Conversion of garage to habitable room including insertion of new front window|
|17/0304/HSE||Cowley Hill Farm, Cowley Hill, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 5NB||Erection of single storey rear extension|
|17/0283/HSE||Salisbury Hall Lodge, Salisbury Hall Drive, London Colney, Hertfordshire||Erection of single storey front extension and two storey side extension|
|17/0237/HSE||1 Hamblings Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JJ||Erection of single storey side extension (Revised application)|
|17/0238/VOC||Black Lion, London Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire||Variation of condition 13 attached to planning permission reference 15/2203/FUL to change the remediation strategy|
|17/0261/HSE||4 King Charles Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9HZ||Erection of single storey side extension|
|17/0267/FUL||30 & 32 Harris Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EG||Demolition of existing detached garages to rear of both properties and erection of replacement detached outbuilding comprising garden rooms with storage area to rear for both properties.|
|17/0325/CLP||Summerhill, Rectory lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9BX||Erection of single storey rear extension (Certificate of Lawful Development- proposed)|
|17/0355/HSE||7 London Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EW||Insertion of new rear window and new roof above window at first floor level; partial new porch roof; fenestration and doors rearrangement. Amendment to 16/1815/HSE|
With regards to;
|17/0187/FUL||King William Iv, 82 London Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire||Refurbishment of restaurant to include single storey ground floor extension with new windows and bi-fold doors, relocation of main entrance and internal alterations.|
The Council OBJECTED to this application on the grounds of insufficient parking.
(i)Other planning matters were noted, and
(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.
(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)
111/16. Financial matters
- Accounts for payment –February 2017 meeting
- The following accounts for February 2017 meeting were received:
|Payment To||Reason||Total Amount|
|Petty Cash||Petty Cash||200.00|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Mileage Expenses for 2015 and 2016||100.00|
|Banner Group Limited||Printer ink cartridges||150.16|
|PC Express||Annual Computer maintenance||114.00|
|Hertfordshire County Council||Stationary||42.10|
|Caprin Limited||Printing of SVM – edition 9 Spring 2017 – 1800 copies||1067.00|
|John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance||Grounds Maintenance||87.00|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Feb Wages||1078.55|
|Bob Gough||Grounds Maintenance x2 cuts||758.00|
|Fay Gough||Cleaning toilet, office||32.00|
|Dor-2-Dor (G L Green)||Delivery of SVM issue 9||128.00|
|MJD Presentation Systems||Label tape for print machine||17.40|
|ID Property Services||Reimburse for unused Safe Tread decking strips||97.68|
|PC Express||Replace laptop screen||108.00|
Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-
RESOLVED that the February 2017 accounts totalling £4,202.18 be approved for payment.
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly budget monitoring report be approved
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
- Section 137 Grant Requests: There were none
- The purchase of 2 new permanent goal mouths for Rookery Field was discussed. It was AGREED that this would be added to the April agenda
- The purchase of a permanent basketball hoop for Rookery Field was discussed. It was AGREED that this would be added to the April agenda
Quotes for additional Christmas Lights. . It was AGREED that this would be added to the April agenda
112/16. The meeting ended at 8.55p.m. Chairman
ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 7 MARCH 2017
|Planning Applications||Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions.||Clerk||Actioned|
|Pond lights||Hire of lighting designer to plan what is needed||Clerk & Cllr Susman||ASAP|
|Benches||Harris Lane & Rookery Field – Look at exactly which benches need replacing & add to April agenda||Cllr Edel||April meeting|
|Rookery Field||Costs and grants for 2 new permanent goal mouths and permanent basketball hoop & add to April agenda||Cllr Edel||April meeting|
|Outdoor Gym||The Great Outdoor Company- get start of work date||Cllr Susman||ASAP|
|Manor Lodge School||Contact school regarding inconsiderate driving approaching the school.||Clerk||ASAP|
|Christmas Lights||Quotes for additional lights||Clerk||April meeting|