Shenley Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 4th JUNE 2019, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY
PRESENT: Councillors Justine Ash, Nigel Heller, Annie Keen, Gavin O’Sullivan, Natalie Susman, William Susman (Chair) and Anthony Spencer
- In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
- 7 members of the public were present
21/19. Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were submitted from Cllrs Jonathan Bonn and Rosemary Gilligan and County Councillor Morris Bright.
22/19. Declarations of Interests
PERSONAL – Councillors spencer and Susman declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting, held on the 14th May 2019 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council.
24/19. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 14th May 2019
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on the 14th May 2019 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council
25/19. Review of Action Plan from above meetings
The Action plan was NOTED.
26/19. Questions by residents of Shenley Parish
The chairman invited questions. There were none. The Chairman thanked the residents for attending.
27/19. Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk
- Approve and Adopt Information & Data Protection Policy
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Code the Information & Data Protection Policy
- Approve and Adopt Retention & Disposal Policy
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Retention & Disposal Policy
- Approve and Adopt Publication scheme
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Publication scheme.
- General Power of Competence
The Council RESOLVED and CONFIRMED conditions of eligibility for the General Power of Competence –Local Govt Act 2011 (requirements being a CILCA qualified Clerk, 2/3 of Councillors to have been elected)
- Information regarding upgrade to the existing mobile base-station at Bowmans Green Farm
The meeting NOTED the information.
- Parish Council Surgeries
The second surgery was held prior to the meeting and is proving very successful.
- Neighbourhood Plan
The meeting was informed that Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Plan is currently with Hertsmere Borough Council and they hope not to have to carry out the SEA. The next Steering Group meeting is on 12th June.
- Drive Safe
The meeting was informed that the Drive Safe campaign is progressing with the police checking lead volunteers. It was NOTED that a commitment is wanted from the police, that where evidence is collected it will be actioned.
- Action for a Cleaner Shenley – Update
The meeting thanked the team for continuing to work so hard for Shenley. A session took place last week and 15 sacks of refuse were collected.
- Community Payback Scheme – Update
Unfortunately, the team have not been to Shenley for 5 weeks. A list of urgent works that need doing is being collated.
- Harris Lane/Rookery Field
The meeting was informed that someone had tried to steal the new benches, fortunately this did not happen.
- Shenley Fete
The fete is taking place on 23/06/19, with the prep work being done on 22/06/19. The meeting was asked if anyone could help over the weekend that would be greatly appreciated. It was suggested that help be asked via Facebook. It was also suggested that a Councillor attends the fete committee meetings as there is currently no Parish Council representation on the committee. It was AGREED this would be looked at.
- Media Committee
The latest edition of Shenley Village Matters will be sent out in the coming weeks.
- Shenley Community Activities Group
The Clerk informed the meeting that the summer trip on Wednesday 26th June to Southend On Sea is proving very popular.
- Police Update
A meeting between SPC and HBC has taken place to discuss working with the police and specifically the PCSO’s in Shenley. As a result, there will be a meeting with the SPC, HBC and the police to discuss this further. It was also mentioned that there may be a possibility to ask HBC to fund or part fund wildlife cameras in Shenley.
- Shenley Park Trust
The meeting was informed that there will be 2 new Parish Councillor trustees on Shenley Park Trust.
28/19. Planning Applications
The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
- Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
|APPLICATION NO.||ADDRESS||PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT|
|19/0716/HSE||30 Hamblings Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JJ||Construction of single storey front extension.|
|19/0718/HSE||30 Hamblings Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JJ||Construction of part single part 2 storey side extension|
With regards to: –
|19/0738/FUL||Thatched Cottage, Silver Hill, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 5PW||Single storey replacement dwelling with accommodation at basement level.|
|19/0739/LBC||Thatched Cottage, Silver Hill, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 5PW||Single storey replacement dwelling with accommodation at basement level (Application for Listed Building Consent).|
The Council OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that it is a gross overdevelopment as well as OBJECTING on the grounds that it is inappropriate development within the Green Belt.
(i)Other planning matters were noted, and
(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.
(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)
29/19. Financial matters
- June 2019 meeting
The Accounts for payment for the June 2019 meeting were received and it was: – RESOLVED that the monthly Accounts for payment totalling £13,664.10 be approved.
- Section 137 Grant Requests: –
- Shenley District and Horticultural Society grant request (£200 was given in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to approve a donation of £200, subject to seeing a copy of their accounts.
- Junior Netball Academy grant request for £2,900
Following a discussion, it was AGREED that the parish Council do not have sufficient funds to support the application. However, it was AGREED that if they wish to apply again in the future then they can do so. A copy of the Grant Awarding Policy will be sent with the reply.
- The Council NOTED that the Internal Audit was carried out on 21st May 2019
- The Council NOTED and RECEIVED the Internal Auditor’s Internal Audit report for year ended 31st March 2019.
- The Council REVIEWED Section 4 of Annual Return (Internal Audit Report)
- The council confirmed the fidelity insurance cover for 2019/20 was at £150,000.
- The Council NOTED and APPROVED the Asset Register – disposals and additions.
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED the earmarked reserves
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED section 1 of Annual Return (Annual Governance Statement)
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED section 2 of annual report (Accounting Statements)
- The Council NOTED that the Notices of Appointment date for the exercise of elector’s rights have been completed and will be displayed on the parish council notice board.
30/19. The meeting ended at 9.22p.m. Chairman
ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 4 JUNE 2019
|Planning Applications||Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions.||Clerk||ASAP|
|Right to Bid||Continue to chase||Clerk||ASAP|
|Cllr Street responsibility||Divide streets amongst Cllrs||Clerk & Cllr W Susman||ASAP|
|*Allotment Committee *Finance Committee *Future Initiative Committee||Arrange meetings||Clerk||ASAP|
|Shenley Fete Committee||Council representation needed||CLLRS||ASAP|