Shenley Parish

Tuesday 2nd Jan 2018 – Shenley Parish Meeting Minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 2 JANUARY 2018, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY

 

PRESENT: Councillors Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan, Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Robert Perlmutter, Anthony Spencer, William Susman (Chair)

  • In attendance:            Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council

 

101/17.         Apologies for Absence.

Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillor Annette Edel, Peter Wayne and County Councillor Morris Bright.

 

102/17.                     Declarations of Interests

PERSONAL – Councillors Gilligan, Spencer and Susman declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.

PREJUDICIAL -none.

 

103/17                      Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 5th December 2017

RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on 5th December 2017 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council.

 

104/17.                     Review of Action Plan from above meetings

The Action plan was NOTED.

 

105/17.         Questions by residents of Shenley Parish

There were none.

 

106/17.         Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk

  • Hertsmere Local Plan – Update

The meeting NOTED that they had all seen the email from MP Oliver Dowden.

 

  • Neighbourhood Plan – Update

Councillor Beaton informed the meeting that they have been advised by the independent advisor to complete the Neighbourhood Plan as soon as possible.  The date of the next Steering Group meeting is to be arranged.

 

  • Pond Lights

Councillor Susman informed the meeting that he has a site meeting on 03/01/18 with AGA Bioengineering to get a quote for the pond lights.

 

  • Pursley Field – Update

The contract is now ready to sign.  Cllr Susman is now finalising the figures.

 

  • Harris Lane/Rookery Field

The meeting was informed that the hoop will be installed by end March 2018.

 

  • Allotments

Nothing to report

 

  • Shenley Fete

Cllr Beaton informed the meeting that the stall booking emails have now been sent out.

 

  • Media Committee

Nothing to report.

 

  • CSP

Nothing to report.

 

  • Police – Safer Neighbourhood Newsletter

Information was noted.

 

  • Shenley Park Trust

Councillor Spencer informed the meeting that the SPT met in December.

 

107/17.         Correspondence

  • Receipt of the following correspondence was reported and noted:
   

 

108/17.         Planning Applications

The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;

  • With regards to;
17/2292/HSE 3 Old Nursery Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9FD Single storey rear extension

The meeting OBJECTED to this application as Permitted Development Rights have been removed and the owners would have been aware of this when they purchased the property.

 

With regards to;

17/2395/FUL Thatched Cottage, Silver Hill, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire Erection of pre-fabricated building to provide temporary accommodation for a period of 3 years.

The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that:-

  • Planning permission is required for a permanent building
  • The porter cabin is an inappropriate building in the Green Belt.

 

With regards to;

17/2362/HSE 9 New Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9DZ Demolition of existing rear extension and erection of replacement 2 storey rear extension, single storey side extensions and replacement front porch

The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that:-

  • The development is too large
  • The development is not in keeping with a conservation area.

 

With regards to;

17/2357/FUL 26 Woodhall Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9AT Demolition of existing dwelling, swimming pool and pump house and erection of detached 4 bed chalet bungalow with basement accommodation, to include additional access to Woodhall Lane

The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that;

  • It is an overdevelopment
  • The application is considerably larger than the original footprint
  • Both previous applications were objected to by Shenley Parish Council

 

With regards to;

17/2358/FUL 26 Woodhall Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9AT Demolition of existing dwelling, and erection of detached, 4 bed chalet bungalow.

The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that;

  • It is an overdevelopment
  • The application is considerably larger than the original footprint
  • Both previous applications were objected to by Shenley Parish Council

 

(i)Other planning matters were noted, and

(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.

(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)

 

109/17.         Financial matters

  • Accounts for payment –December 2017 meeting
Payment To Reason Total Amount
Sir Richard Cox Charity Grant for the 2017 distribution list 800.00
Electrical Testing Ltd Structural testing for  4 additional Christmas Lights 718.64
Shenley Village Hall Hire of Hall 190.00
Caprin Printers Labels for x4 banners 38.40
E.ON The Cage 8.21
HCC Stationary 14.71
HBC NP – Business reply mail for NP questionnaire 157.05
Mrs Amanda Leboff Expenses 326.61
Mrs Amanda Leboff Wages 1087.73
HMRC Payment 212.58
Petty Cash Petty Cash  – amount to take up to £200 imprest system for December 2017 195.36
William Susman Reimburse for Christmas event 65.00
E.AMORIM Gardener – pond area 120.00
John O’Conner November grounds maintenance 144.00
Banner Group Printer cartridges 231.10
Hags-Smp Ltd Harris Lane, hoop and surface installation 6076.32
BT Office phone and broadband (October bill) 103.68
  TOTAL 10489.39

 

Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-

RESOLVED that the December 2017, meeting accounts for December 2017 (£10,489.39), be approved for payment.

  • Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly budget monitoring report be approved.
  • Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
  • Section 137 Grant Requests: –
  • The Waverley Driving Group £150 donation as way of a thank you for taking Santa around Shenley. Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to approve the request.
  • The Council RESOLVED to APPROVE the Budget requirement for the year 2018/19
  • APPROVE the precept amount of £75, 208.69.
  • It was AGREED that the Clerk notify Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.

 

101/17.         The meeting ended at 9.20p.m.                                           Chairman

 

 

ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 2 JANUARY 2018

provision action by action
Planning Applications Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions. Clerk ASAP
Pond lights Meeting with AGA Bioengineering Cllr Susman 03/01/18
Police Ask Police to attend Council meeting Clerk ASAP
Precept

 

Inform Hertsmere of Precept Clerk Actioned
Pond woodwork Contact AGA ask when treating the woodwork Clerk ASAP

 

 

Posted in Shenley Parish Council and tagged , .

Leave a Reply