WEDNESDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 2017, AT 8PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, SHENLEY.
PRESENT: Members – Simon Gee, Robin Guest and Colin Sidney and Councillors. Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan and William Susman
Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council and allotment holders Eileen Guest, Brenda and Clive Treacher.
01/270917. Apologies for Absence.
Apologies of absence were received from member Steve and Shirley Bury, Billie Sandhu, Steve Shelton.
02/270917. Declarations of Interests – There were none
03/270917. Minutes of Allotment Committee Meeting held on 13th June 2017
AGREED that the minutes of the meetings held on 13th June 2017 be confirmed as a correct record.
04/270917. Matters arising from the above minutes.
There were none
05/270917 Entrance to allotments – work to take place on 25/10/17
The meeting were informed that the re-surfacing of the allotment entrance will take place on 25th October 2017. The allotments will be closed that day.
06/270917 Poor conditions of plots that are not cultivated
Following a discussion the meeting agreed that the clerk will send out letters regarding the uncultivated plots. It was also agreed that the clerk would contact John O’Conner’s to get a quote for strimming and clearing uncultivated plots. Simon agreed to meet them on site to show them the plots when required.
07/270917 Allotment Committee Activity
The rota is;
08/270917 Any Other Business (subject to Chair’s discretion)
- Following the dumping of compost without the allotment committee’s authorisation it was agreed the clerk would find out what the regulations are with regards to dumping compost.
- It was agreed that the committee will arrange a social BBQ for all the allotment holders in the carpark at the allotments in spring 2018.
- Clive Treacher will send the clerk the original plan via word document so names can be added and it can be put on the notice board.
- It was suggested a farmers market would be a good idea for excess produce next year
- The clerk will collate an email list of plot holders.
- Date of the next meeting – Wednesday 29th November 2017- 8pm
October 2017 Clerk to the Council