MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY, 1 MAy 2018, AT 7.30PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY.
PRESENT: Councillors Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan, Gavin O’Sullivan, William Susman and Peter Wayne.
In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
COMMENCEMENT OF PROCEEDINGS
The Chair, Councillor William Susman formally called the meeting to order and welcomed those present.
- ELECTION OF CHAIR
Councillor Susman invited nominations for the position of Chair with Councillor Susman being nominated and duly seconded. Following a vote Councillor Susman was duly elected. Councillor Susman confirmed his willingness to act in the capacity of Chairman to the council:-
RESOLVED that councillor William Susman be appointed chair of the council for the municipal year 2018/2019.
- ABSENCE OF MEMBERS AND DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE
It was NOTED that Councillor Susman would complete the acceptance of office form for the position of chair which will be witnessed by the clerk as proper officer. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Annette Edel, Helen Hussain & Anthony Spencer
Councillor Susman remained in the chair.
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR
Nominations for the position of Vice-Chair were invited with Councillor Nicky Beaton being nominated and duly seconded. Following a vote Councillor Beaton was duly elected. She confirmed her willingness to act in that capacity, and the council:-
RESOLVED that Councillor Nicky Beaton be appointed Vice-Chair of the council for the municipal year 2018/2019.
- APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
RESOLVED—that a Finance Committee be appointed for the
municipal year 2018/2019 comprising the Chair and Vice-Chair of the
Council ex-officio, and Councillors Helen Hussain, Rosemary Gilligan, and Gavin O’Sullivan.
RESOLVED—that an Allotment Committee be appointed for the
municipal year 2018/2019 comprising the Councillors Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan and William Susman, together with five allotment holders and a representative of the Shenley and District Horticultural Society.
RESOLVED—that the following working groups be appointed for the
municipal year 2018/2019, which will act in an advisory capacity and
will have no decision making powers. They will appoint their own chairs and meet as and when they determine, subject to them reporting to the full Council. They will have full powers to co-opt or consult with any members of the public.
- Highways Working Group – It was AGREED this group would be disbanded at the Chair meets with a representative of Ringways as and when necessary.
- Future Initiative Working Group comprising Cllrs Nicky Beaton, , Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Anthony Spencer and William Susman.
- Media Working Group comprising of Cllrs Nicky Beaton, Helen Hussain and members Guy Beaton, Matt Finn & Dayaram Nakrani.
- Planning Group comprising Cllrs Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan, Helen Hussain and Peter Wayne.
- Shenley and Radlett Community Safety Partnership comprising of Cllr Peter Wayne.
- Neighbourhood Plan Comprising Cllrs Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan and Gavin O’Sullivan as the Parish Council representatives. Interested individuals can become involved as associate members of the group. 5. APPOINTMENT/NOMINATION OF MEMBERS/REPRESENTATIVESThe Council;
- RESOLVED – that the following representatives be appointed/confirmed/ nominated (as appropriate) as the Council’s representatives on the bodies indicated:-
- TO SERVE ON OUTSIDE BODIES
- Shenley Village Hall Management Committee- Councillor Annette Edel- 2018/2019
- Shenley Park Trust – Councillors Rosemary Gilligan (the period of office expires May 2019) and William Susman (the period of office expires May 2019).
- Sir Richard Cox’s Charity – Councillors Nicky Beaton & Rosemary Gilligan together with Mrs Natalie Susman and Mrs Liz Trott. 6 Financial Regulations Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Standing Orders for Shenley Parish Council.
- 7 Standing Orders
- Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Financial Regulations for Shenley Parish Council.
8 HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the Health and Safety policy for Shenley Parish Council.
- INTERNAL FINANCIAL CONTROLS
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to adopt the internal Financial Controls for Shenley Parish Council.
- DIRECT DEBITS
Following a proposer and a seconder it was RESOLVED to approve the Direct Debits for Shenley Parish Council.
- DATES OF MEETINGS OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND THE PARISH MEETING FOR THE MUNICIPAL YEAR 2018/2019
RESOLVED—That the following dates of meetings be confirmed for the
Municipal Year 2018/2019: (The first Tuesday of the month)
|YEAR 2018||YEAR 2019|
|Tuesday 1 May– Annual Parish Council Meeting||Tuesday 8 January|
|Tuesday 5 June||Tuesday 5 February|
|Tuesday 3 July||Tuesday 5 March – Annual Parish Meeting|
|**************************||Tuesday 5 March|
|Tuesday 4 September||Tuesday 2 April|
|Tuesday 2 October||Tuesday 7 May – Annual Parish Council Meeting|
|Tuesday 6 November||**************************|
|Tuesday 4 December||**************************|
(N.B. No Meeting Scheduled For August 2018)
The Meeting terminated at 7.50pm.
5th June 2018