Shenley Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Meeting Minutes – 5th November 2018

SHENLEY NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

STEERING GROUP MEETING at METHODIST CHURCH

 On Monday 5th November 2018 at 7pm

MINUTES

Attendees:      Gemma Archer (SG), Richard Archer (SG), Nicky Beaton (SG) (Chair), Rosemary Gilligan (SG), Julie Lloyd, Sharon Madsen, Rachel Shaw (SG) and William Susman.

(Angela Koch was present as the NP advisor & Amanda Leboff was present to take the minutes)

* was present for part of the meeting

(SG) denotes member of the Steering Group

 

  1. Apologies for absence: Maureen Ashman & Gavin O’Sullivan
  2. Approval of previous minutes: Minutes of Meetings on 11th October 2018 were approved.
  3. ACTION POINTS:

FOR THE PUBLIC MEEING 6TH NOVEMBER 2018

A          Emphasis needs to be made that the Neighbourhood Plan cannot allocate sites for possible development

B          The community needs to be encouraged to comment on HBC’s Local Plan.  It was suggested that:-

  • Ask HBC to provide a sustainability appraisal
  • Ask HBC what their sustainability criteria is
  • Question the “Gunning Principles” to HBC (this refers to a fair consultation process)

C          Emphasise that there are National organisations that are also concerned about HBC’s process in the local plan

D          Agreed that a series of bullet points are needed objecting to HBC’s Local Plan

E          Encourage the public to ask questions – Suggested that a list of contacts be available for the public to contact regarding the Local Plan – including MP and County Councillor. 

F          Responses on the Local Plan are needed by 20/12/18.

  1. ACTION POINTS:

FIRST DRAFT OF SHENLEY NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

G          It is necessary to engage with young people, find out what they would like in Shenley

H          The meeting were asked to read through the document by 5th December – add what is felt is missing, including the additions of projects.

I           Tree Preservation Orders – these are recommended and are vital but cannot be done through a Neighbourhood plan. Agreed that William would contact a local resident to ask to assist with this

J           Visual objective – to be put in the Neighbourhood Plan

K          Basic Conditions Statement is still to be written5

  1. NB and RG gave the group a summary of the meeting with Hertsmere Planning on 10th October. Unfortunately it was another unhelpful meeting.  HBC are still looking to build 10,800 home in the borough and told us that we cannot assume that Shenley will only have a proportional 4% of the final figure.   They will not consider changing our village envelope and were not open to discussing the possibility of us doing a Neighbourhood Development Order.  NB asked for indicative housing numbers for Shenley, a NPPF requirement, but it was not provided.     NB has asked HBC to provide a sustainability appraisal.
  2. 6. Date of next meeting: WEDNESDAY 5th DECEMBER

 

ACTIONS:

AK –  Reg 14 Consultation – Prepare a Basic Conditions Statement.  Review all submissions again, look at Steering Group comments then prepare final recommendations for changes to SNP ready for December SG meeting.

Steering Group to review Angela’s Reg 14 draft documents and give feedback by 30th November.

Communications team to prepare a Feedback document to assist residents to complete the Hertsmere survey.    Regular Facebook postings to be made to encourage people to attend the Exhibition at Shenley Primary School on 21st November and to encourage people to give Hertsmere feedback by 20th December.

 

 

 

 

Posted in Neighbourhood Plan, Neighbourhood Plan Meetings and tagged .