MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 6th NOVEMBER 2018, AT 8PM* IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY
(The meeting began late due to the previous local plan meeting)
PRESENT: Councillors, Annette Edel, Gavin O’Sullivan, Anthony Spencer and William Susman (Chair).
- In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
- 7 members of the public were present
62/18. Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillor Nicky Beaton, Rosemary Gilligan, Nigel Heller, Helen Hussain, Peter Wayne and County Councillor Morris Bright.
63/18. Declarations of Interests
PERSONAL – Councillors Susman and Spencer declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.
64/18. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 2nd October 2018
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on the 2nd October 2018 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council
65/18. Review of Action Plan from above meetings
The Action plan was NOTED.
66/18 Questions by residents of Shenley Parish
A resident asked when the speeding questionnaire would be handed to County Councillor Morris Bright. It was NOTED that this would be done by Councillors Heller and Spencer and a date was to be set.
A resident asked why Hertsmere Borough Council has not arranged a public panel meeting with the MP and County Councillor informing people of the Hertsmere Local plan. It was agreed that a request to Hertsmere for this would be sent.
67/18. Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk
- Speeding in Shenley – update
- The chairman informed the meeting that there have been more volunteers for the Drive Safe scheme and we will therefore be able to move forward with this. It was AGREED that Cllr Susman and the clerk will organise this.
- The Chairman thanked residents for their help with the cardboard cut outs of the police. It was evident that cars slow down because of this. The report given highlighted that cars were speeding when the PCSO carried out the speed monitoring.
- Email from resident
- The meeting NOTED the request from resident for more bins with lids to be placed in Pursley Field. It was AGREED the Clerk would speak to Borehamwood 2000 to ask if they would be happy to empty the bins if the Parish Council supplied the bins
- Pursley Field/Borehamwood 2000
- The Email sent to Councillor Spencer from Borehamwood 2000 regarding the condition of the Pursley Field Pavilion was NOTED. Following a proposer and a seconder it was AGREED that Shenley Parish Council would match the grant of £500 already received by Borehamwood 2000. Cllr Spencer AGREED to pass this on to Borehamwood 2000.
- Neighbourhood Plan
- The chairman thanked Councillors Beaton and Gilligan and the Steering group for all their hard work regarding the Neighbourhood plan and informing the community about Hertsmere’s Local Plan. It was AGREED their tireless work is greatly appreciated. The meeting NOTED the HBC Local Plan consultation in Shenley Primary School on 21st November.
- Action for a Cleaner Shenley – Update
- The meeting were informed that the ACS group met over the weekend. It was AGREED that they continue to do an excellent job.
- Community Payback Scheme – Update
- Councillor O’Sullivan informed the meeting that the work along Black Lion Hill has now been completed. They have now begun work on Newcome Path. It was AGREED that the clearing of the ditch along the allotments on Green Street will be added to the list of jobs. The meeting thanked Alex from Café in the Orchard for providing them with teas and coffees.
- Harris Lane/Rookery Field
The meeting were informed that 2 benches have been totally destroyed and 2 benches need to be moved from along the side of Hawksmoor due to anti-social behaviour. It was AGREED that 3 new benches are needed (one to be funded by Borough Councillor Spencer, one by an independent resident and one by the Parish Council) and 8 benches need refurbishing and the Community Pay Back Team will be asked to do this. It was AGREED Cllr Edel and the Clerk would arrange the new benches.
- The meeting were informed that the renewals have been sent out. There were break-ins to several sheds at the allotments of which the police are aware.
- Shenley Fete
- Nothing to report
- Media Committee
- Nothing to report
- Shenley Community Activities Group
- The Clerk informed the meeting that the matinee performance of the show Motown has been booked for 13th December and letters have been sent.
- Police Update
- The meeting were informed that Cllr Heller is working closely with PCSO Chris Ramdeen
- Shenley Park Trust
- The meeting were informed that the Park Trust’s next meeting will take place in December
- Future Initiative Committee• Christmas Lights Switch on – Tuesday 13th November – The mayor of Hertsmere will be attending• Christmas – Sunday 16th December – The Santa Ride around the Village will be in the morning and Santa at the Cage will be at 5.30pm68/18. Planning Applications
- The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
- • Chanukah – Saturday 8th December
- • Remembrance Sunday – Sunday 11th November
- Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
|Application No.||Address||Proposed Development|
|18/1954/HSE||4 Southerton Way, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9LJ||Construction of single storey front extension, conversion of garage to habitable space, and single storey rear extension|
|18/1907/LBC||Shenley Hill Farm Mimms Lane Shenley Radlett Hertfordshire WD7 9AP||Internal alterations to create new shower room. (Application for Listed Building consent)|
|18/1944/HSE||31 Halliday Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JZ||Single storey rear extension|
|18/2013/HSE||56 Newcome Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EJ||Construction of single storey rear extension (retrospective application)|
|18/2005/FUL||25 London Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9EP||Erection of new 5 bedroom property with basement, integral garage, parking and associated landscaping in accordance with drawings for Plot 1 under approval 18/0784/VOC.|
|18/2040/LBC||White Horse, 37 London Road, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9ER||Installation of 1 illuminated fascia sign, 1 individual built up letters, 2 signwritten wording, 1 illuminated post sign, 1 double sided aluminium tray panel, and 4 tray signs (Application for Listed Building Consent).|
|*18/1995/ADV||142 London Road Shenley Hertfordshire WD7 9BT||Installation of 2 advertisement awnings. (Application for Advertisement Consent)|
With regards to:
|18/1182/FUL||45 and 47 North Avenue, Shenley, Hertfordshire||First floor rear extensions and alterations to the roofs. (Amended plans received 15/10/18)|
The meeting OBJECTED to this application on the grounds that:-
- The development is too large
- The development is not in keeping with the street scene
- It is not in-keeping with the emerging Neighbourhood Plan
(i)Other planning matters were noted, and
(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.
(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)
69/18. Financial matters
- Accounts for payment –November 2018 meeting
- The following accounts for the November 2018 meeting were received:
|Payment to||Reason||Total Amount|
|John O’Conner||Grounds Maintenance||144.00|
|MJD Presentation Systems||Label tape||7.50|
|BT||Office phone and broadband – September 2018||85.50|
|ImaginePlaces||support and work||1,344.00|
|Wel Medical Ltd||Defibrillator pads||40.56|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Monthly XERO||32.40|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Reimburse for SCAG ticket and USB stick||79.99|
|Petty Cash||Petty Cash – amount to take up to £200 imprest system||192.97|
|E.ON||Electricity – The Cage||9.31|
|E.ON||Harris Lane Pavilion||25.84|
|IAC Audit & Consultancy||GDPR Audit||90.00|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Wages||1,084.81|
|Dor 2 Dor||Deliver Shenley Village Matters & NP flyer||143.00|
|Caprin Limited||Printing SVM and flyers and documents for NP meeting||1550.00|
|Fay Gough||Cleaning toilet & office||40.00|
|Bob Gough||Grounds Maintenance||384.00|
|BT||Office phone and broadband – October 2018||100.77|
|Caprin Limited||NP – A5 Leaflets||118.00|
|Shenley Village Hall Management Committee||Hall Hire||96.00|
|William Susman||Reimburse for PC Speedy – Life-size cut-out||55.86|
|Caprin Limited||Halloween posters and banner patches||103.80|
|A.G.A Group||Pond work – terrapin||360.00|
|Sweets from Evan Ltd||Halloween toffee apples and chocolate apples||89.39|
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly budget monitoring reports for the November meeting be approved
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
- Grant Requests using General Power of Competence:
- Shenley Primary School request for £300 for an exhibition to be moved and displayed at the school
- Following a proposer and a seconder it was AGREED to give Shenley Primary School a grant of £300 for the exhibition
70/18. The meeting ended at 9.45p.m. Chairman
ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2018
|Planning Applications||Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions.||Clerk||ASAP|
|Speeding||Cllr Heller to confirm meeting with County Councillor Morris Bright||Clerk||ASAP|
|Drive Safe Campaign||Cllr Susman and Clerk to move forward with this||Cllr Susman||ASAP|
|Removal of rubbish||Contact John O’Conner for quote||Clerk||Actioned|
|Metro Bank||Clerk to send documents to move bank accounts||Clerk||ASAP|
|Benches||Clerk and Cllr Edel to get quotes and arrange instalment of benches||Clerk||ASAP|
|Local Plan||Request panel debate||Clerk||ASAP|