Shenley Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 4th DECEMBER 2018, AT 7PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL, 108 LONDON ROAD, SHENLEY
PRESENT: Councillors Nicky Beaton, Annette Edel, Rosemary Gilligan, Nigel Heller, Helen Hussain, Gavin O’Sullivan, Anthony Spencer and William Susman (Chair).
- In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
- 6 members of the public were present
71/18. Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were submitted from Councillor Peter Wayne and County Councillor Morris Bright.
72/18. Declarations of Interests
PERSONAL – Councillors Gilligan, Susman and Spencer declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.
73/18. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 6th November 2018
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting, held on the 6th November 2018 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council
74/18. Review of Action Plan from above meetings
The Action plan was NOTED.
75/18 Questions by residents of Shenley Parish
A resident asked when the speeding questionnaire would be handed to County Councillor Morris Bright. It was NOTED that this would be done by Councillors Heller and Spencer and a date was still to be set. Residents complained the speeding continues along Black Lion Hill and Councillors confirmed that they are still contacting Hertfordshire County Council regarding this. The meeting NOTED and email from a resident regarding speeding and referring to the cardboard policeman. Councillor Susman confirmed he will respond with the resident.
A resident mentioned the fact that there is no street lighting on Black Lion Hill, with the issue having been going on for several months. The meeting agreed this was dangerous. Councillor Susman said he will get the reference numbers for the already reported issues which will then be forwarded on to ask County Councillor Morris Bright to look into.
76/18. Reports of Committee, Members and Clerk
- Grace Avenue – Appeal DC/17/1893/FUL
- Councillor Spencer gave the meeting background to the appeal. The appeal has been made against the refusal decision. Following a lengthy discussion it was AGREED that the Parish Council would uphold its objection. Councillor Spencer said he would formulate a response and send this to the clerk. This would then be forwarded on to the inspectorate.
- Neighbourhood Plan
- The meeting were informed that the Steering Group will be meeting this week. There is to be a Health Check completed. Hopefully the next stage will begin in March 2019.
- Drive Safe
- The meeting NOTED the email from the resident who wished to be involved. Councillor Susman will progress with this.
- Action for a Cleaner Shenley – Update
- The meeting were informed that the ACS group will meet over the weekend.
- Community Payback Scheme – Update
- Councillor O’Sullivan informed the meeting that the work has begun along the ditch along Green Street.
- Harris Lane/Rookery Field
The meeting were informed that Gristwood and Toms have now completed the tree works. UK power networks are working in Rookery Field in order to temporarily fix the power issue in Shenley.
Following a discussion the meeting AGREED to order Sepia Brown benches for Harris Lane.
- Nothing to report
- Shenley Fete
- The date of 2019 fete is 23rd June 2019.
- Media Committee
- Nothing to report
- Shenley Community Activities Group
- The Clerk informed the meeting that the matinee performance of the show Motown has been booked for 13th December and tickets have sold well.
- Police Update
- The meeting spoke at length about the Shenley gypsy site and it was NOTED that instead of the permitted one static caravan and one mobile caravan allowed on site, they currently have one large static caravan and 3 mobile caravans. Neighbours are feeling very intimidated. Councillor Spencer said he will contact enforcement regarding the situation.
- The meeting were informed that PCSO Chris Ramdeen will report to the Council once a quarter.
- Shenley Park Trust
- The meeting were informed that the Park Trust have made a profit. The lease for the Shenley Synagogue has now been signed.
- Future Initiative Committee• Christmas – Sunday 16th December – The Santa Ride around the Village will be in the morning and Santa at the Cage will be at 5.30pm Helping in the evening = Annette, Anthony, Nicky77/18. Planning Applications
- The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
- • Chanukah – Saturday 8th December – Helping = Nigel and Gavin
- Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposals.
|Application No.||Address||Proposed Development|
|18/2113/HSE||Pond House, Mimms Lane, Shenley, Radlett||Construction of detached garage|
|18/2175/HSE||The Dell, Radlett Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire||Single storey rear extension|
|18/2181/HSE||18 Queensway, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9DQ||Single storey side extension|
|18/2198/FUL||Allotment Site Stapleton Road Borehamwood Hertfordshire||Installation of 1 X 12m converted steel container set on oak beams, for the purpose of housing lockers & gardening equipment. (Revised Application)|
(i)Other planning matters were noted, and
(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.
(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)
78/18. Financial matters
- Accounts for payment –December 2018 meeting
- The following accounts for the December 2018 meeting were received:
|Payment to||Reason||Total Amount|
|Village Sign People||New village sign||3964.00|
|ImaginePlaces||support and work||4,182.00|
|Caprin Limited||Banner patch||24.00|
|John O’Conner||Grounds Maintenance||144.00|
|The Royal British Legion||Poppy Appeal Wreath||19.00|
|Petty Cash||Petty Cash – amount to take up to £200 imprest system||198.13|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Monthly XERO & reimburse for refreshments||57.32|
|Mrs Nicky Beaton||Replacement ink cartridges||31.97|
|William Susman||Reimburse for cables and presenter||64.97|
|Dor 2 Dor||Deliver flyers from SPC for HBC local plan info||160.00|
|Shenley Village Hall Management Committee||Hall Hire||24.00|
|The Board of Deputies||Grant to Shenley Primary School JLEX Exhibition||300.00|
|Borehamwood 2000||Grant to Borehamwood 2000 for repairs to dugout||500.00|
|Castle Water||The Hub – Waste Water bill||4.48|
|E.ON||The Cage electricity||8.76|
|Mrs Amanda Leboff||Wages||1,084.61|
|Caprin Limited||Patches for event banners||48.00|
|Fay Gough||Cleaning toilet & office||32.00|
|Bob Gough||Grounds Maintenance||384.00|
|Danny Gough||Allotment works and tree works||430.00|
|Andy Gough||Allotment works||150.00|
|IAC Audit & Consultancy||GDPR Audit||456.00|
|ID Property Services||Works to erect new Village sign||150.00|
|BT||Office phone and broadband||104.83|
|Gristwood and Toms||Tree works in Harris Lane and Rookery Field||2664.00|
|Petty Cash||Petty Cash – amount to take up to £200 imprest system||136.74|
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly budget monitoring reports for the November meeting be approved
- Following a proposal and seconder, it was:-RESOLVED that the monthly petty cash report be approved
- Report from IAC Audit
- 12 action steps
- The report and action steps were NOTED and ACCEPTED.
- Grant Requests using General Power of Competence: Following a proposer and a seconder it was AGREED to give Sir Richard Coxa grant of £800 for the exhibition 70/18. The meeting ended at 8.20p.m. Chairman
- ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2018
- Sir Richard Cox’s Charity – £800
|Planning Applications||Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions.||Clerk||ASAP|
|Grace Avenue||Uphold objection – Councillor Spencer to formulate email||Cllr Spencer||ASAP|
|Speeding||Cllr Heller to confirm meeting with County Councillor Morris Bright||Clerk||ASAP|
|Drive Safe Campaign||Cllr Susman and Clerk to move forward with this||Cllr Susman||ASAP|
|Removal of rubbish||Contact John O’Conner for quote||Clerk||Actioned|
|Metro Bank||Clerk to send documents to move bank accounts||Clerk||ASAP|
|Gypsy Site||Contact enforcement||Cllr Spencer||ASAP|
|Speeding||Contact resident who emailed||Cllr Susman||ASAP|