MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY, 2 JUNE 2020, AT 7.30PM REMOTELY, VIA ZOOM
PRESENT: Councillors Justine Ash, Rosemary Gilligan, Nigel Heller, Annie Keen, Gavin O’Sullivan, Natalie Susman, William Susman and Anthony Spencer.
In attendance: Amanda Leboff, Clerk to the Council
20/20.21. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were submitted from Cllrs Jonathan Bonn and County Councillor Morris Bright.
21/20.21. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS
PERSONAL – Councillors Gilligan, Keen and Spencer declared a personal interest in the item concerning Shenley Park Trust.
22/20.21 MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 5th MAY 2020
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting, held on the 5th May 2020 be confirmed as a correct record, and to be signed by Cllr Susman and adopted by the Council.
23/20.21 REVIEW OF ACTION PLAN FROM ABOVE MEETINGS
The Action plan was NOTED.
24/20.21 QUESTIONS BY RESIDENTS OF SHENLEY PARISH
The chairman welcomed residents and invited questions. The meeting was asked if there was an update on the derelict Police Station on Harris Lane. Cllr N Susman said that due to the current pandemic HBC had not been able to respond to this but she would continue to chase. It was asked what was happening with the area of The Spinney that had been cordoned off and the pond drained. Again, Cllr N Susman said this would be chased but it was believed that the adjoining landowner was simply creating definitive boundaries. Concerns were raised regarding the South Mimms heritage Area reassessment by HBC as a field and other small area have been removed from the conservation area. It was agreed this would be added to the July agenda in order to get more information regarding this.
The Chairman thanked the resident for attending the meeting.
25/20.21 REPORTS OF COMMITTEE, MEMBERS AND CLERK
- Approve and Adopt Information & Data Protection Policy
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Code the Information & Data Protection Policy
- Approve and Adopt Retention & Disposal Policy
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Retention & Disposal Policy
- Approve and Adopt Publication scheme
Following a proposal and a seconder it was agreed to ADOPT the Publication scheme.
- General Power of Competence
The Council RESOLVED and CONFIRMED conditions of eligibility for the General Power of Competence –Local Govt Act 2011 (requirements being a CILCA qualified Clerk, 2/3 of Councillors to have been elected)
- Shenley Celebration – post Covid 19
It was AGREED this would be added to the July agenda
- Pathway – Cockle Way/Fielders Way
Nothing to report
- Neighbourhood Plan
The meeting was informed that the examiner has recommended to HBC to go forward to the referendum stage on the Shenley Neighbourhood Plan. It was NOTED that the examiner has recommended NOT to include the special policy area as it is in the Green Belt. It was NOTED that The Spinney has been given the title of a Public Open Space, which is not often awarded.
Cllr W Susman asked if the Neighbourhood Plan Committee would be able to give a brief update of the current situation.
- Christmas Lights – Engagement with the Community
The Chairman will be holding a Zoom meeting with several residents to discuss this. At this time, it was also NOTED that the lamp posts on Porters Park Drive have been painted and it was agreed how good these now look.
- Action for a Cleaner Shenley – Update
The meeting thanked the team for their continued hard work, as they are continuing to meet regularly.
- Community Payback Scheme – Update
Nothing to report.
- Harris Lane/Rookery Field/Allotments/Pursley Field
The meeting was informed that Borehamwood 2000 who currently rent Pursley Field are struggling financially in the current climate. Due to the support the local community receive for the football club it was unanimously AGREED to not charge the club rent this year.
- Media Committee
- Shenley Community Activities Group
Nothing to report.
- Police Update
The meeting was informed that a speeding awareness campaign was carried out throughout Shenley and over 60 speeding drivers will be receiving various warnings and fines. The meeting was also informed about noise pollution from one specific car with a loud exhaust in Porters Park. It was agreed this would be passed on to Environmental Health.
- Drive Safe
Nothing to report.
- Shenley Park Trust
The meeting was informed that the Part Trustees will be electing a Vice-Chair. It was NOTED that a local resident has informed the Parish Council that she was asked to refrain from picking up rubbish in the park. She did question this with the Park Trust and was upset by the response she received.
26/20.21 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following planning applications were before the meeting. The meeting AGREED that;
- Subject to Hertsmere Borough Council taking into consideration any comments of neighbouring owners/occupiers, the Parish Council raises no objection to the following proposal.
|APPLICATION NO.||ADDRESS||PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT|
|20/0635/HSE||12 Juniper Gardens, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9LA||First floor front extension and conversion of garage to habitable room with fenestration changes (Amended description only).|
|*20/0729/HSE||42 Hamblings Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9JJ||Single storey rear extension and conversion of garage to habitable room – (Resubmission)|
With Regards To: –
|20/0467/HSE||13 Harris Lane, Shenley, Hertfordshire, WD7 9ED||Conversion of loft to habitable room with 2 roof lights and dormer to front and 1 roof light and dormer to rear|
The Council OBJECTED to this application on the grounds of: –
- Negative effects to the street scene
(i)Other planning matters were noted, and
(ii)The council instructs the Clerk to advise Hertsmere Borough Council accordingly.
(*Denotes that at this point, the Council moved to discuss planning applications which had been brought to its attention at the meeting. They were proposed and seconded.)
27/20.21 FINANCIAL MATTERS
- totalling £4,352.55 be APPROVED
- There were none
- The council NOTED that the internal audit was carried out on 30th April 2020
- The Council NOTED and RECEIVED the Internal Auditor’s Internal Audit Report for year ended 31st March 2020.
- The Council REVIEWED Section 4 Of Annual Return (Internal Audit Report)
- The Council Confirmed the Fidelity Insurance Cover For 2020/21 Was At £150,000.
- The Council NOTED and APPROVED the Asset Register – Disposals and Additions.
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED the Earmarked Reserves
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED Section 1 Of Annual Return (Annual Governance Statement)
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED Section 2 Of Annual Report (Accounting Statements)
- The Council NOTED That the Notices of Appointment Date for The Exercise of Elector’s Rights Have Been Completed and Will Be Displayed on The Parish Council Notice Board.
- The Council REVIEWED and APPROVED the 2019-20 VAT adjustments identified in the Internal Auditors report. The Council NOTED that the Internal Auditor had identified VAT adjustments made for £747.29 in the 2019-20 accounts which resulted in the VAT claim for 2018-19 being lower than was expected. The Council reviewed the adjustments and
verified that they were correct.
28/20.21. The meeting ended at 8.45p.m. Chairman
ACTION LIST – TUESDAY 2 JUNE 2020
|Planning Applications||Letter to Hertsmere Borough Council advising of the Council’s opinions.||Clerk||Actioned|
|July 2020 Agenda||Add: – South Mimms Heritage Area changes Shenley Celebration – post Covid 19||Clerk||July meeting|
|Christmas Lights||Engagement with the Community||Cllr W Susman||ASAP|
|Neighbourhood Plan||Brief Update for the community||Cllr Gilligan||ASAP|
|Police station on Harris Lane||Current status||Cllr N Susman||ASAP|
|The Spinney Boundary||Current status||Cllr N Susman||ASAP|